The COMPASS test is a computerized placement test. It is not a timed test and therefore we are unable to tell you how long the session may last but the average time is between 1 and 2 hours. The test includes reading and writing. Your results will be available minutes after the test is completed.
What's on the Tests?
- No appointment is necessary come during open hours.
- Fill out your Highline application and pay your application fee of $17.00.
- The fee for placement testing is $10.00 for Highline students.
- For those who want to placement test but don't plan to attend Highline, the fee is $20.65.
- Please pay the placement test fee in building 6 (lower level) at the Cashiers Office before testing.
- Picture I.D. and proof of fee payment are required to take the placement test.
- We supply scratch paper, calculators and pencils.
- The retest fee per subject is $4.10.
- Reading and writing tests may be taken three times a quarter. You must wait one day to take it the second time, two weeks from the second time to take it a third time.